Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Flirting, Seagulls, and Cicadas

Today I took Cosmo to the bank to open his savings account. The ladies there were fawning over him, and he was loving the attention. One of them said, "He's a flirt. He's going to be a real ladies' man. You're going to have to watch out in 16 years."

Which is funny, because on Monday, the guard at Felix's school said to him, "You better watch out. Eighteen years from now, I'm gonna look you up!"

I guess the age of consent is going down.

*****
Tonight we took Felix to the lake to feed the seagulls. It was a little scary for him at first, but then he liked it.
Felix: These guys are funny.
*****
Felix has been working on his bug identification. Tonight, when the first cicada started up, he said...
Felix: That bug is a cicada. That bug is loud.
A few days ago, however, he hadn't quite mastered it.
Felix: That bug is a quesadilla.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that Felix can identify a cicada, but I think he was on to something. I can't identify very many bugs, so I think I'll just use Felix's quesadilla category. Not many people will be impressed by my scientific knowledge, but I think they'll appreciate the story.