Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Quoth Felix: Still More

Putting Felix to bed.

K: Whoops, I kissed your eye.
F: You want me to poke you in the eye.
K: Do you want me to sing you a song?
F: You want "Never Did No Wanderin'," song number 10. (From the Mighty Wind soundtrack.)
K: Okay. (singing) My mother was the cold north wind, my daddy was the son....
F: "Mighty Wind," song number 17.

*****

Coming home from school after Dick and Neva have left:

F: You wish grandma and grandpa could stay here all day long.

*****

Felix has just counted to 94 and then stopped.

K: Felix, why are you counting to 94? What's so special about 94?
F: (brightly) The John Hancock! You think it would be fun to go to the 40th floor of the John Hancock with that girl with the long hair.
K: Where did you see her?
F: At the John Hancock.

*****

At school, teachers and parents used to refer to the "There Musketeers": Felix, Gabriel, and Luke. (Luke is now in a different class.) The other day, Felix was counting the "Six Musketeers": John Henry, Aardvark the Aardvark, aardvark, spiky worm, silly shark, Felix. I may have taken a picture but I'm not sure.

*****

Petting Cooper very gently:

F: I am petting Cooper gently and not hitting him in the face.

*****

On the bus to school the other morning:

F: It would be really really fun to make Mommy and Daddy a cocktail.

*****

At the playground, after Felix spotted a tiny spiderweb:

K: Good eye, Felix.
F: Good J, Daddy.

*****

This morning, Felix was standing on the toilet lid (which he fell off last night, bonking his head on the wall traumatically):

F: I want to hurt myself...ready, set, go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could read Felix quotes, "all day long".
love, grandma jo