Monday, April 14, 2008

Fancible Felix

Already?

Keir: Felix, stop saying "stupid."
Felix: I'm not saying it, I'm just talking about it.

*****

I don't remember the dialog for this, but one day recently Felix described to me how Cosmo left his picture behind at school, and I asked if Felix saved it to give it back to Cosmo, and Felix said, no, he took and and wrote his own name on it.

That may have been the same day that he described arriving "all wound up" so he "got right to work."

*****

Wha--?

F: This morning on the playground, I was just happily playing in the morning sunshine...(mumble, mumble)...despicable.

*****
Honestly, I don't remember what he was describing.

Felix: The colors and sparkles inside were fancible. That means beautiful. They were so beautiful that I called them fancible.

*****

Putting his foot down.

F: I'm not going to eat this dinner that I'm eating.

*****

Keir: What song do you want me to sing first?
Felix: "Holy Grooooooound."
K: (singing) Fare thee well, my lovely Dinah
And a thousand times adieu
For we're going away from the holy ground
And the girls we all love true
F: (interrupting) Daddy, the girls that I love true are Roshni and Paula.

*****

How will these poor people know where to get off the bus?

Marya: Felix, do you want to eat your goldfish?
F: No. I can't do two things at the same time--I can't announce the stops and eat goldfish.

*****

The end of a rough day.

K: Felix, I love you more and more every day.
F: And I just love you more and more, too. And Toby [the Tram Engine] loves Mommy and Cosmo.

(a moment later)

F: Toby is learning "Holy Ground." He already knows "Jug of Punch" and "All for Me Grog."

*****

I'll have to put audio of these songs up. Felix is starting to sing them along with me and it's just...precious.

2 comments:

Andrew A. Hunt said...

All for Me Grog! Me Jolly Jolly Grog! All for me... um... me, um... fruit rolls and crackers! For I spent all my tin with ladies drinkin... um... apple juice, now across the vast livin' room I must wander...

Keir said...

It's one of those things...I started singing sea chanteys and drinking songs to Felix when he was too little to understand the words, and then I meant to learn some more appropriate songs, honest I did, but, well...er...now he asks for them, they're his favorite songs, and what kind of dad would I be if I didn't sing my son his favorite songs?