This is one of those conversations that made me feel choked up, and also worried that it would give Felix too much to worry about. But the lack of trauma is pretty much summed up by his final word.
Felix: When I was a little teeny tiny baby, I rode the Orange Line all the way to the end and then the Brown Line. That was in 1988.
Keir: 1988? You weren't even born yet.
F: 6028.
K: 6028? That hasn't happened yet. That's a long long time from now.
F: Will you be dead by then?
K: Yes, we all will.
F: Why do we die?
K: It's kind of like taking turns. We get a nice long life and then we have to die so other people can have a turn. If nobody died, the earth would get too crowded.
F: Will they ever come alive again?
K: We don't know, but we don't think so.
F: Huh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
As for myself, thinking about the "here and now" and wondering how much can a child comprehend, I utter the words.........WOW. Or should I say 'huh."
I love you Felix. Grandma Jo
Happy Birthday, Felix! Je t'aime!
Post a Comment