It sounds like we're bragging, and maybe we are, a little bit. But really, we're asking you to share our astonishment. Tonight at bedtime:
Keir: Cosmo, what song would you like?
Cosmo: Sing "Holy Ground."
Keir: (singing) Fare thee well, my lovely Dinah, and a thousand times adieu--
Felix: (interrupting) Daddy, "adieu" means "farewell" in French. It's also the title of chapter 12 in The Tale of Despereaux. That's a good memory. [Ed: Meaning, "I have a good memory, don't I?" But, reader, he does: we haven't read that book for MONTHS.]
A few weeks ago, when I brought home a copy of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Felix was flipping through it when he made a discovery:
Felix: It's just like Charlotte's Web!
Marya: What is?
Felix: Chapter 11 is called "The Miracle." [Ed: Marya checked and Felix was right. We read Charlotte's Web to Felix LAST SPRING. It's just eerie.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment