Saturday, April 04, 2009

Loving Money and Shooting Mr. Grumps--What?

Felix has really been into board games lately. Where, last year, he wanted to play Chutes and Ladders and Candyland, now he wants to play Monopoly (which he pronounces to rhyme with "roly poly") and chess. Today he helped me inventory the old Clue game we got from Grandma and Grandpa McCulloch's house (it's missing only the lead pipe); he really wants to play it but we're in the middle of a Mono Poly marathon and I had to put my foot down. He gets really excited and shouts "I love MONEY" when he collects the rent.

Cosmo is really into guns and shooting and "shooters." On Monday, in a quiet library, while we were reading Lyle, Lyle Crocodile, he declared of Mr. Grumps: "If I see that bad guy, I will SHOOT him!"

Felix speaks with such precision and such a rich vocabulary. Today, after we got the training wheels put on his first bike, he told me, "Daddy, I have been longing for a bike for such a long time."

Cosmo doesn't listen carefully but always wants to know what's going on. "What?" he says. "What?" If you ask him a question, he's likely to reply, "What?"

No comments: