Saturday, July 18, 2009

Breaking News!

. . . pun fully intended. Felix broke his arm yesterday on the playground at school. But let's hear it in his own words:
I was at the playground. And I fell off the bouncy bridge. And I broke my arm because it twisted really hard. And I went to the Children's Memorial Hospital. And I got an X-ray and a cast. And at the Children's Hospital I saw a ball contraption and it was turned off, because the little motor that made the balls go around wasn't spinning--it didn't make the balls go around the chain. That's the whole story!
He chose this picture:

Here's another version of the story, as told to Fuzzy Fuzzy Fuzzy the manta ray:



He's doing fine, although the rest of the summer will certainly be a bit different from the one we had planned. The first big challenge: finding a shirt that will fit over his arm!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you posted the breaking news (because I always like knowing what's happening in Chicago), but I hope that you won't have any more "breaking news" for a long, long time. Three cheers for the cool Cosmix kids ... Cosmo was very brave when he had the stitches taken out of his chin last winter, and your dad said that you were very brave at the hospital, Felix.

Joel Reese said...

Wow, that's a huge drag. But when I was young, it seemed that kids who had casts were really "cool." Is that still the case? Because personally, I think he looks pretty cool with that cast.

Keir said...

I think there's still a certain cool factor to having a cast. I remember, too, really, really wanting to break a bone so I could have everyone sign my cast. I especially envied the kid who broke BOTH legs--he out-casted every kid in school!

Unfortunately, casts today don't seem to be quite a signable as they used to be.

amanda said...

Oh Felix!! I've been to the playground many-a-time with you, and can imagine how scary that must have been for everyone! Glad you are ok, and hope you got a cool colored cast!

MarianLibertarian said...

You have the most awesome kids. I am going to jump off a bouncy bridge. Maybe I will break something and get a cool cast.

Josh Hetherington, LMFT, LCPC said...

Felix, so sorry you had to have an accident doing something that is usually so fun! I hope Jenni, Nate and I can sign your cast. Get better soon.

Your Friend Josh