Tonight, before we all watched Home Alone, I gave the boys a little preview....
Keir: ...so the boy's parents accidentally go on vacation without him. And, at first he's scared, but then he's excited to do all the kinds of things his parents never let him do.
Cosmo: Like wash dishes!
Felix: And cook salad!
Not sure our guys are the target audience, but they did enjoy it when Joe Pesci's head caught on fire. I can't believe how long it's been since I properly updated the blog, but at least I've been taking notes. The following exchanges are all from the last couple of months.
*****
Keir: (admiring a vintage mid-rise) Wow, what a fancy building.
Felix: I don't think I'd like to live in that building. I think it's mostly girls who live there, and I don't like all that princess stuff. If there were boys who lived in that building, I think they'd be moaning to leave.
*****
For weeks, Cosmo would look off into the distance and then exclaim....
Cosmo: Daddy, look how far I can see!
*****
As you may have gathered, Felix is NOT into girl stuff.
F: I don't like to play with girls because they're always chatting about tea parties and stuff like that. I like to play with boys. We play Power Rangers and tag.
*****
Explaining this moving business.
K: So, even though we found an apartment we want to buy, we have to sell our apartment before we can buy it. So it might be a long time before we can move.
C: (worried) We don't have enough money in our jars!
M: Don't worry, you guys don't have to pay for it. Mommy and Daddy will pay for it.
*****
Trying to sell them on the Pattington.
Keir: That building has the same number of apartments as ours, but it's a lot bigger, because their apartments are bigger.
Marya: Their apartments are fancier, too.
Keir: Wouldn't it be nice to live in such a fancy building?
Felix: I don't think so. Fancy stuff is for girls.
*****
Felix has a future in diplomacy. As a doormat.
F: When we were in line outside the bathroom waiting to go outside, Khali pushed me. But he said he was sorry. And I said, if you say that every time you push me, I'll be your best friend forever. And he said it's a deal.
*****
C: Don't you often wonder what's inside Legos?
F: I know what's inside Legos: Lego material. It's the same material as on the outside.
*****
K: Cosmo, I don't think it's a good idea to jump off the couch onto Felix.
C: (Brightly) But he's very soft!
*****
C; Daddy, do you know why I don't like rectangles too much?
K: No, why?
C: I don't like rectangles too much because I don't like rectangles so much.
*****
Siding with his parents but overdoing it.
F: (to Cosmo) You're going to have a time out and it's going to last your whole life and you'll die in the time out chair.
*****
Now it's Felix's turn for a time out.
K: You may not treat your brother like that. And I wouldn't let him treat you like that, either.
F: And I also may crush you.
*****
K: Well, I'm glad you don't have diarrhea.
C: Yeah, but diarrhea is just lots of poop in your underwear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I never want to go to Felix's time out chair ... but I want to see as far as Cosmo can see. Oh how you have made my day. I love you guys, I love laughing.
Grandma Jo
Post a Comment