Thursday, August 19, 2010

King of the World? Big Deal

I think we'd have to talk to her first.

Felix: Dad, is the Tooth Fairy imaginative?

***

One man's King of the World is another man's...

Cosmo: I am the toilet manager!

***

Not all learning is curriculum-based.

Felix: Before school, when she didn't think we were listening, I heard Miss Whitmore say that she's overworked and underpaid. I said, "I heard that!" Miss Fitzpatrick said she's REALLY overworked and REALLY underpaid.

***

The weather report makes children spring into action.

Felix: I need to move my soccer trophies away from the window because there are going to be severe storms today. (Moves them.) I put them on the shelf and now, if there's a thunderstorm or a tornado, they won't be damaged, at least not very much.

***

Hey, fair is fair.

Cosmo: Even though Felix got to the finish line first, it was still a tie.

***

No idea.

Cosmo: (looking at my beard, I think) Wow, your skin is growing tall.

***

I feel the same way, often.

C: It wasn't fun, it was grown-up.

***

No comment.

F: I wish I could just walk around showing off in my underwear.

***

Priorities.

F: The most important things to me are: first, macaroni and cheese with hot dog slices; second, my family; third, Spain. I am so obsessed with Spain.

***

City kids learn hard truths early.

Felix: (pointing to the bus driver's plexiglas safety shield) Daddy, what's that for?
Keir: (not wanting to suggest that riding the bus isn't safe) Um, I think that's so people don't sneeze on the bus driver.
F: Oh. I thought it was in case someone shot a gun at him.

No comments: