Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Snapshots from President's Day

A close reading of Red Fish, Blue Fish:

Felix: Why is the red fish hurting him? Maybe the yellow fish did something bad.
Keir: Even if the yellow fish did something bad, it's not OK to hurt him.
F: Even shooting kills fish. And they do not want to be killed--that is terrible manners.

*****

Cosmo, reaching for it:

C: Bracelet!
F: Cosmo, this turns out to be mine.

*****

During a dance party, Cosmo is not dancing fast enough for Felix's taste:

F: Cosmo is stalling. Stalling is when someone is wasting time.

2 comments:

MarianLibertarian said...

I am learning so many wonderful things about the world:
Killing is bad manners. If you're not dancing fast enough, you're wasting time. Turns out, it's mine.

Heh. Thanks, boys, for perking up a crummy day.

Keir said...

I think there's a book in this! Everything I need to know in life I learned from my three-year-old!