Monday, October 13, 2008

Catching up

I feel bad that we don't quote Cosmo much yet. He says a lot of things, and often gets ahead of himself as he tries to express technical details of train wheels or recounts exciting adventures such as going to Evanston or the apple orchard. Let's just say that his sweet shaky voice and sly humor has us giggling all the time. Any day now he'll become more quotable, but in the meantime, here are some Felix quotes that have been piling up:

F, while looking at Snow White Viewmaster reels: If I was queen I would say "magic mirror on the wall, what is Miss Corbett doing right now?"

Felix sometimes gets leg aches at night, recently so bad that he was crying, but the subject started to change:
F: I will not want to eat breakfast tomorrow because my leg will hurt too much.
M: But you have to eat breakfast every day.
F: But I don't like to eat breakfast.
M: Last week you loved eating buttered bagel on the white curb before school. You just gobbled it up.
F, sobbing again: And it sparkled in the sunshine.
M: What sparkled in the sunshine?
F: The buttered bagel.

Felix went through a phase recently of hurling a new threat at Keir or me each time we would make him mad. Here is a list that we were keeping, each said with as much anger as he could muster:
I throw guns at you.
I'll put mustard on top of you.
I'll lock you in a cage.
I throw frozen fire on you.
I'll crush your bones.
I'm giving you a time out.
I'm going to cover you with strawberry jam and popcorn seasoning.
I'm going to squirt orange juice in your eye next week.

F: I can't pull my pants up by myself. Can I get some help around here?

F: There are three things that I'm really good at doing: trains, beading, and burping.
Yes, Felix has learned to burp on command.

1 comment:

MarianLibertarian said...

I am SO using "I'm gonna lock you in a cage!" at my next staff meeting.

And the strawberry jam and popcorn seasoning threat is truly inspired. I'm saving that one for Wall Street looters.