Monday, August 24, 2009

Sticks, Poop, Senior Citizens, and Good Manners

Some random exchanges from the past couple of weeks....

While we were in Montana, Cosmo slept in the car almost all the way to Flathead Lake. Suddenly, Grandpa Tom and I heard a voice from the back seat.

Cosmo: What if you had a stick that was four thousand feet long?
Keir: Were you dreaming about sticks, Cosmo?
Cosmo: Yes.

*****

Rallying the troops.

Keir: Come on, Felix. We're going to go visit Grandpa Dave and Grandma Laura.
Felix: I don't want to go see Grandpa Dave and Grandma Laura. It's not very fun and there's too much senior citizens.

*****

Keir: Come on, Felix. You need to poop before you go to bed. I don't think you've gone poop for days.
Felix: I'm tired of pooping all the time.

*****

Back in Chicago, after school, on the bus.

Keir: Cosmo, did you draw any pictures today?
Cosmo: Yes! I drew a picture of a truck.
Keir: Will you draw me a picture of a truck?
Cosmo: Yes. But the green one is for me.
Keir: Will you draw an orange dump truck for me?
Cosmo: Yes. I'll draw an orange truck for you, and a blue truck for mommy, and a purple truck for Felix.
Felix: No!
Keir: Felix....
Felix: I don't like the way he draws trucks.
Keir: Felix, if someone gives you a gift, it's because they want to make you feel good. If you say thank you, it makes them feel good. So just say thank you and take the gift. You don't have to play with it if you really don't like it.
Felix: Paper can be recycled.

No comments: