Usually at night when I'm tucking Felix in, we have the following exchange:
K: I love you. Do you love me?
F: Oh, good.
This is a condensed version of our old exchange:
K: I love you. Do you love me, too?
F: I love you, too.
K: Oh, good.
Which was only arrived at after some serious parental pressure:
K: I love you. Do you love me, too?
F: Yeah.
K: Say, "I love you, Daddy."
F: I love you, Daddy.
Hey, I gotta get it one way or another--when he's older I won't get it at all! Anyway, last night, Felix was tucked into bed, and I was heading out to get him a drink of water before making my usual demand for an avowal of affection. But Felix just came out with:
F: I love you, Daddy.
I think he missed me while I was gone. It was hard to make it to the kitchen on legs that twanged like heartstrings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think that I felt a few twangs way out here.
Post a Comment