Friday, June 09, 2006

A Chip Off the Old Block

From time to time I take Felix with me to run errands, and from time to time those errands might involve a trip to the local liquor store. I think I've become even more likely to include him because one of the cashiers oohs and ahs and can't get over how big he's grown (she's "known" him since he was a baby).

We recently asked Felix what he wanted to do that day. "Go to the store and buy beer," he said.

This last weekend we were walking down Argyle Street. When we passed the liquor store, he turned suddenly and stood in front of the door, waiting to go in.

*sniff, sniff* Our little boy is growing up....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading this post, my comment was,"Oh, my god!" and Tom's comment was, "Oh, my gosh!. However, we both followed with howls of laughter.

Anonymous said...

At Christmas Felix was often using two word phrases (red circle, purple car, ...) as you may remember. Six months later he's made the jump to lengthy sentences. I've already had to tell several friends about Felix's new interests.

Keir said...

I'm just glad he's keeping it to beer right now. He should stay away from the harder stuff until he's in grade school.