Monday, March 03, 2008

Born With a Tail

Felix can be awfully choosy about music, especially when it's my music. Sometimes he starts crying and kicking the floor merely because I've turned the amplifier on. But sometimes he surprises me. Yesterday, when I was listening to an old compilation made for me by a friend, Felix became intrigued by one song in particular ("Born with a Tail," The Supersuckers). He's been talking a lot about a "bad train" in a Thomas the Tank Engine episode, and he claimed he could hear the voice of the "bad train" in the song.

Early consternation turned to delight, which turned to...a desire to listen to the song over and over and over again. (Let's say 20-30 times.) Watching Felix and Cosmo pogo to the newly renamed "Bad Train Song" is, however, delightful enough to outweigh any irritation at the repetition.

I just hope he gets tired of it before he figures out what the words are.

boomp3.com

No comments: